Canada has witnessed a great revolution in the modern World today. The country boasts some of the popular and incredible talents, who have shined in their practices and fields. Music is one particular niche, where Canadians are gifted immensely. Some of the global Canadian stars such as Celine Dion, Chris Evans from Judas band have given the nation, a reputation not to be forgotten.
Top wins of recent times
2017-18 has been a time, where a new set of starts have arisen, giving the industry’s old names a fight for their popularity. Regular household names in the nation have become stars overnight. Here are few names in the reckoning:
- Alessia Cara: Alessia Carawas awarded Grammy Awards in the 60th annual event. Born in Brampton, the 21-year-old singer has taken the music industry by storm. With the most prestigious musical award at her hands, the future looks bright for this young superstar.
- Justin Bieber: Justin Bieber is certainly a “wonder kid” in the history of Canada. The Canadian singer has innumerable records against his name. Some recognition like being No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts, has garnered enough reputation for the country as well. Justin Bieber is known to sell out insane seats in all of his concerts globally.
- Rupi Kaur: Rupi Kaur is a Punjab-born Canadian poet, who focuses on writing poems about female health and hygiene. Her works on feminism and regular story posts in Instagram has acquired her reputation of being Instapoet. As of 2018, this talented poet has over 3.1 million followers on
- Ursula Johnson: Ursula Johnson is one of the renowned artists under Nova Scotia banner. Johnson holds a feat of completing over 10 projects in 6 provinces over a time of 7 months. By the beginning of this year, she was the first Atlantic Canadian winning $50,000Sobery Art award. The reward is considered as the country’s most prestigious prize given to the artists.
- Kent Monkman: One of the iconic artists of the country, whose Acrylic on Canvas paintings called“The Daddies” was globally acclaimed. The painting has a deep meaning, which displays on exploitations; the nation has faced over the time. This is one of the country’s grandest paintings on display.
Artists in Canada have shown the world, all the talents they have at their disposal. These talents are acknowledged by a country, which is known to have great diplomatic philosophies globally. In the coming years, it is expected the country to witness newer revolutions.